2015 Criminal Court bomb
The police have detained a key witness of the 2010 military crackdown and another suspect in the Criminal Court bombing immediately after a military court released them on bail. On 24 July 2017, the Military Court of Bangkok released on bail Nattatida Meewangpla, Nares Intharasopa, Wasana Buddee, and Nuttapat Onming, suspects in the 2015 Criminal Court bombing.
An elderly bombing suspect has urged the police to reinvestigate his alleged brutal torture by military officers while he was detained under martial law. Sansern Sriounruen, a 63 years-old suspect in a case related to explosions at the Bangkok Criminal Court and Siam Square, and planned explosive attacks in other locations in Bangkok in early March 2015, plans to submit a letter tomorrow, 21 July 2015, to request the Royal Thai Police to investigate his allegations of torture.
The Military Court granted bail for the first time by temporarily releasing a seven-months pregnant suspect in bombing of the Criminal Court. The Military Court of Bangkok on Thursday afternoon granted bail to Tatchapan Pokkrong, the 19-year-old wife of Yuttana Yenpinyo, one of the suspects in the bomb attack on the Criminal Court in early March. Tatchapan is so far the only suspect in the case to have been granted bail.
Thai junta ignored the UN inquiry into the torture allegations of Kritsuda Khunasen, a red-shirt political activist who was detained incommunicado for more than 20 days in June 2014.
The military court rejected the bail request of a criminal court bombing suspect who was allegedly tortured by the police under custody. Bangkok’s military court on Monday denied a bail request submitted by Sansern Sriounruen, 54, one of the four criminal court bombing suspects who were reportedly tortured under military detention in early March.
Amnesty International has called on its members around the world to send letters to the Thai authorities to voice concerns over the alleged torture of suspects in the Bangkok court bombing case. The London-based organization called for the letters to be sent to the Thai Army Chief and the Thai Police Chief. The International Secretariat of Amnesty International, based in London, issued the call on 20 March. It says two suspects, Surapon Eamsuwan and Wasu Eamla-au, were in danger of ill treatment and torture.
Press Statement The alleged torture of Criminal Court bomb suspects For immediate release on 21 March 2015 The public statement issued by the Thai Lawyers for Human Rights (TLHR) on 17 March 2015 has elicited gross denials from the authorities. Herewith, TLHR would like to explain to the public that Section 4 of the Constitution of the Kingdom of Thailand (Interim), B.E.
After Human Rights Watch (HRW) urged the Thai authorities to investigate the alleged torture of the criminal court bombing suspects, a conservative Thai news website mocked the rights group with a satirical cartoon, suggesting that the military should let a militant group attack the HRW office.
A bomb exploded inside the compound of the Bangkok Criminal Court on 7 March 2015 and nine suspects have been arrested so far. Today, 17 March 2015, the Thai Lawyers for Human Rights (TLHR) has received complaints from four of the suspects in this case including Mr. Sansern Sriounruen, Mr. Chanwit Chariyanukul, Mr. Norapat Luephon, and Mr. Wichai Yusuk.
The Thai police have denied allegations of torture by the Bangkok court bombing suspects, claiming that the suspects did not say anything as such. Meanwhile, human rights lawyers requested to see the medical examination reports of the suspects. Pol Lt Gen Prawut Thavornsiri, spokesperson of the Royal Thai Police, on Thursday dismissed the allegations. “I already asked each of the suspects myself during the medical examination, but no one said anything,” said the police spokesman.