- Military court becoming even tougher on lèse majesté cases
- 2014 coup marks the highest number of lese majeste prisoners in Thai history
Military court gives 1st lèse majesté verdict, double sentence of civilian court
Since 2007, Prachatai English has been covering underreported issues in Thailand, especially about democratization and human rights, despite the risk and pressure from the law and the authorities. However, with only 2 full-time reporters and increasing annual operating costs, keeping our work going is a challenge. Your support will ensure we stay a professional media source and be able to expand our team to meet the challenges and deliver timely and in-depth reporting.
• Simple steps to support Prachatai English
1. Bank transfer to account “โครงการหนังสือพิมพ์อินเทอร์เน็ต ประชาไท” or “Prachatai Online Newspaper” 091-0-21689-4, Krungthai Bank
2. Or, Transfer money via Paypal, to e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org, please leave a comment on the transaction as “For Prachatai English”