Freedom House promotes the spread of freedom and democracy around the world through research, effective advocacy, and programs that support frontline activists. We are a leader in identifying threats to freedom through our highly regarded analytic reports, including Freedom in the World, Freedom of the Press, Freedom on the Net, Nations in Transit, and Countries at the Crossroads. With 13 field offices and two U.S. offices, we support the right of every individual to be free.
The Program Associate will manage the administration of the day-to-day operations of the field office, and will assist with the administration of sub-grants to local and regional civil society organizations. This position is based in Bangkok, Thailand and reports to the Director for Southeast Asia (SEA) programs. Funding for this program runs through September 2013 and employment thereafter is contingent upon future funding.
- Bachelor’s degree in political science, international relations, human rights, or related field
- Minimum six months of experience in office management and/or program assistance
- Strong ability to communicate effectively in English and Thai, both verbally and in writing
- Strong knowledge of human rights principles and mechanisms, and understanding of democracy promotion
- Strong understanding of history, culture, politics and dynamics of the SEA region
- Mastery of MS Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and knowledge of Adobe professional, online communication tools, and database and image files
- Experience in grant administration to local and regional civil society organizations and knowledge of USG and foreign funding regulations preferred
- Experience living and/or working in the SEA region or extensive travel to the region
- Strong ability to plan, organize, prioritize work, and multi task to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to apply superb attention to detail and consistently produce timely and error free work
- Ability to accept and complete administrative tasks with a positive and proactive attitude
- Ability to consistently apply good judgment in problem solving and decision making
- Strong ability to apply interpersonal skills, and successfully work in a diverse and multicultural environment and with diverse stakeholders in the region
- Ability to collaborate with others and work as an effective team member
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and to meet all goals and deadlines
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality regarding all aspects of work at all times
Some Duties and Responsibilities
- Process payments, track expenditures, draft budgets, and produce monthly expense and budget reports
- Coordinate closely with DC-based colleagues to ensure financial compliance
- Maintain financial and program administration databases
- Communicate and coordinate closely with local and regional subgrantees, and ensure that the subgrant objectives and terms of agreement are met
- Undertake logistical arrangements for regional events and travel, including purchasing airline tickets, ground transportation, accommodation, procuring visas, and briefing staff on relevant issues
- Demonstrate strong desire for learning to attain professional development
- Other related duties as assigned.
Qualified and Interested applicants
We invite qualified candidates to send a resume, and cover letter with salary history and desired salary (only candidates who send salary requirements will be considered for the position) to: email@example.com or fax at (202) 822-3893, Attention: HR Dept., referencing 2013-044 PA Bangkok in the subject line. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
LINE ไอดี = @prachatai